Friday, January 2, 2009

Alright, so I did make it hear alright. But i have not been able to blog because they have not yet set up our connections in the rooms, so to connect we must walk to the library, which is not a short walk. So I will make a quick blog.

My first flight was not bad, we were in Chicago in no time. We waited for about 7 hours there for our Air India flight, which was also fine. They fed us a lot it seemed. We landed in Germany so they could change crew and clean, then we boarded again and flew to Mumbai. Needless to say it was long, and slightly uncomfortable after a while. We landed in Mumbai to change plans for Hyderabad, and by the time I got off I missed the shuttle to the terminals that the other were on. So I had to catch the next one and find them, interesting. The air in Mumbai is smoggy, and polluted, so there was a distinct smell to it that you notice right away. The airport itself though, wow...worst experience so far. It was absolutely crazy and disorganized, they just assumed that people knew what to do, and people would shove to get through security and such, it was nuts! But after that fiasco we flew to Hyderabad, the airport of which was very pleasant and organized. 

They did however, lose some of our luggage. Several people (including me) did not have their two luggage bags until yesterday, which was a pain. So I had two changes of clothes to work with. We have it now though, so that is good. 

Obviously, culture shock was something to deal with. I hope I would not need to emphasize that it is totally different here, but it is. It takes some getting used to, mentally and physically. I got sick one night but other than that it have felt fine, and after jet lag is over, which I think it is now, things get settled. Though you get stared at a lot, which also takes some getting used to. It is also very "go with the flow" here, you should come to India with expectation lol.

The driving is an experience of its own. There are painted lines, but there might as well not be, they are not observed. People just honk as they go by, or pass through an intersection, yet there are not wrecks, it's amazing. so organization is not something you will find in very many places here it seems. 

So hopefully we will get connection soon so I can do better "blogging"...

No comments:

Post a Comment